During the summer you probably want to spend more time outdoors and be together with your family and friends. Yet you want to live a healthy lifestyle. Here follows simple steps you can take to get fit, and stay fit, during the summer!
Life and daily routines may vary a lot depending on where you live in the world and your situation as a whole. Whether you’re working professionally, being a stay-at-home mum, or a busy working mum.
The summer is here for most of us however and the summer might be the time when we travel more, and we no longer have our daily routines or being in the comfort of our own home, and home gym that we might have.
It’s also a time when we might be less hungry because of the heat and we have more opportunities to be outdoor and be active walking in the early morning hours before it gets too hot, or do many other types of activities.
One of my first question to solve when I’m traveling is when, where and how I can workout. Like what workouts can I do at the places where we will stay? When we travel here in Morocco, I also use to bring some needed food items with me, such as breakfast bags with overnight oats and granola.
How to stay healthy during the summer and when you are traveling
Some situations might be trickier than others, but it can be easy, if we want it to be easy, in Shaa Allah.
A healthy lifestyle is part of the perfect religion of Islam and it’s your choice to live healthy and satisfying to you! Regardless of what people around you do, or what a culture taught you to do.
The benefits of living a healthy lifestyle are numerous! Such as more self esteem, weight control, prevention of diseases, strong body and more energy in everyday life. So don’t wait until the autumn, thinking it’s too complicated or takes too long time. Start now!
Tips for an active summer
1. Choice! Choose to live healthy and make your decision. With the best intention in mind you’ll start to take the actions needed towards an excellent health. Make step-by-step changes.
2. Communicate with your family. Let them know about your needs and that you’ll exercise in the morning. When you plan together and communicate you are more likely to make your exercise sessions happen.
3. Exercise! Workout in the morning, and do it consistently 2-3 days a week, for at least 20 minutes, to build- and maintain your good habits.
If you have younger kids, and no one to entertain them, involve them in your workouts and inspire them too!
4. Plan! Be prepared and make daily healthy food choices. Prepare your meals, plan your day and have healthy snacks available. Have a cold bag available and with you when possible. Choose healthy food options to the best of your ability. If you get starving, or starting to eat sugarish stuff, white bread or ice creams, it may put you off balance with both exercise and healthy food. We are not talking about depriving you from anything, but rather about making the choices that will increase your wellbeing!
5. Eat simple food. I’m always promoting super quick-fix food though, but maybe even more so during the summer. Remember to eat loads of vegetables first and foremost, that will keep your stomach happy and help you to eat less fast carbs and fatty food like bread or French Fries.
Think: vegetables, protein, good type of fat and carbohydrates. A green salad with avocado, tuna, quinoa and olive oil could be a great option for a lunch at home or in the cold bag to eat outdoor, and an option that only takes few minutes to prepare.
6. Cold bag. A must have and one of my best friends. Bring healthy fruit/vegetable juices with you, healthy snacks or a lunch box. Especially helpful when you travel by car to ensure you’ll eat well and maintain a good energy level.
7. 10,000 steps per day. You may or may not be more active during the summer. Use a pedometer to see how active you are, it might be helpful and make you be more active!
What are your best tips to stay active during the summer? I’d love to know, please share, thank you!
Thank you & Energetic Regards,