Bismillah. Adding more strength and tranquility into your life can help you feel more grounded in this ever changing life. It can make you feel happy and focused, even when life feels uncertain and even when you’re challenged.
Until I reverted to Islam, I was happy on the outside, but very anxious and insecure on the inside. I was always afraid of the thought what would happen after this life, and I was afraid of what other people thought about me.
As a yoga teacher I started to meditate, which made me tremendously calmer. The vigorous Ashtanga yoga practice six days a week, where I focused on each breath, did also help a lot. But not completely.
It wasn’t until I declared my faith during Ramadan ten years ago, that the biggest question I had always had was answered and it felt like life fell into place.
For me, understanding the true purpose of life and why I’ve been created, made me find tranquility from within, Alhamdulillah.
Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):[Qur’aan Surah Adh-Dhariyat 51:56]
“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.”
Knowing the above, and understanding our true purpose, we know that we have to be strong and that we always have to keep going. There is no other option.
Tips for adding more tranquility into your life
- Reflect often. Prioritize to just sit and think constructively; ponder upon achievements and upon your goals for the future. See it as a check-in with yourself. My favorite place to do this is preferably in the forest or by the sea. But during the Covid-19, the balcony or the shower works great as well.
- Breath with awareness. Deep and conscious breathing is important for calming the nervous system. I use to imagine my breath as an anchor inside of me. Give yourself 5 minutes of conscious breathing per day, and focus your mind on your breath.
- Control what you can. And leave the rest. Focus on taking care of yourself with healthy food, regular exercise and stress management.
- Read Qur’aan and strive to understand what you read. The best we can read to find happiness and hope. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers.” [Qur’aan Surah Adh-Dhariyat 51:55]
- Learn to believe in yourself. Acknowledge how you speak to yourself, and work on speaking to yourself with kindness and empowerment.
I hope that helps!
Thank you & Energetic Regards,
– Coach Carin