To go on a diet is commonly done during a set period of time only. Oftentimes the diet is a dramatic change, with unrealistic expectations involved and hope of quick results.
A lifestyle change on the other hand, that actually will give long lasting results, might feel less attractive, because it might take some longer time and it’ll require persistence. But hang on, here you’ll get tips on how to get started and how to keep going!
A healthy lifestyle will not only give you results, but also peace of mind and increased energy! In shaa Allah.
Let’s face it and be honest!
To struggle with weight- and fat loss is a har thing! Let’s be honest here. There are so many emotions involved. Feelings of being overweight with all what that includes, failure, disappointments, questions what you’re doing wrong, why you cannot be lean, why you cannot stop eating sugar, tiredness and the list goes on.
And every time you try a new diet you feel motivated at first. But only to shortly after feel that motivation goes down, and that you failed. Again.
Let’s change that!
How to get started- and how to continue
Words for guidance, and let’s keep it simple:
- Your mindset.
- Progress is better than perfection. Strive for progress.
- Create habits that you can keep.
- Do what you do to feel awesome!
- Focus on what you do most of the time.
Number one, your mindset. Believe in yourself, know that you can change, as long as you want and as long as you start to nourish yourself. Have the mindset of what you do is for your health and your wellbeing. Which affects those around you as well. Be kind to yourself. Do good things for yourself for the rest of your life in shaa Allah.
Number two; that progress is better than perfection. Look at where you are right now, and ensure to acknowledge every single little step that you do for yourself as you’re moving forward. That is what matters.
Number three is about creating habits that you can keep. An important thing, because persistence is key for your overall wellbeing. And having habits that you can keep, means it’s easy and when it’s easy, you’ll not even think about it.
Number four: do what you do to feel awesome! That’s the whole point. Eat well, to feel well! Workout to feel strong, happy and energized!
Number five is bringing all the above together, because everything is linked. We must look at our life from a holistic point of view. Focus on what you do most of the time, like 90% of the time. Such as what you eat 90% of the time, how much you move most of the time and what training you’re doing most of the time. Then, for about 10% eat something else during the weekend as well as rest from training throughout the year as well.
Remember: Progress is better than perfection.
Steps forward for a healthy lifestyle
- Make your decision and find your “why”. When you have found your deep inner need for change, you’re more likely to feel motivated.
- Be honest with yourself. Probably you already know why you aren’t in the shape or health that you want. But you have to admit it to yourself. Then start to think about what you can do to change.
- Implement new habits step-by-step. If you try to change “everything” at the same time, you’ll likely fail. But when you know, why you do what you do. And when that really makes sense to you, when that actually feels healthy; you just found one of your keys to move forward. You have to start with the foundation. Like building a house. Step-by-step. Brick by brick.
- Get help of an online coach to keep you accountable. It can be really beneficial to have someone to kick your bum! But it can also be a source of inspiration and knowledge sharing, which will help you to reach your goals faster.
What do you like to achieve?
Think backwards. If you truly desire to lose weight, keep that weight off for good, and live a healthy lifestyle; you need to do the actions that will bring you there. The answer is a lifestyle change.
Because, if you don’t change your lifestyle, how will you achieve your goals? And if you don’t start today, or continue, when will you?
Therefore, enough procrastination and short term quick-fix attempts. Just ditch that. Take a deep breath, believe in yourself and let’s do this. Because, yes you can! Sending you strength and empowerment!
Welcome to reach out to me to discuss your thoughts on this topic. Let’s move forward and let’s work on a positive lifestyle change. So that you will actually love your healthy lifestyle!
What is one small action with big impact that you can take today to move forward? Please share below, thanks.